-some parent out there
This is so true. There are days where you don't think you'll make it through, counting the minutes until bedtime. But, you blink and you're celebrating your baby's third birthday. Crazy.
Bennett celebrated three with one last hurrah at the current lake city house. We had all the fam over and while it poured outside everyone seemed to have a good time. B has been obsessed with Octonauts for the past 3-6'ish months so that was our theme. He got lots of puzzles (current favorite thing to play with) a tool belt, clothes, games, books and gear. He was definitely spoiled by his favorite people. He was wiped by the end of the day and fell asleep licketty split while I told him Octonaut stories. It was a good day. I love when kids just run free, playing with each other, and come in for a snuggle or snack every now and then. Pure happiness.
Bennett's latest...
He is just talking, talking, talking. I'm amazed at the things that come out of his mouth. I wish I wrote down quotes as he says stuff because it's just priceless. One favorite, I asked for a hug and he said, ' not today mommy, maybe tomorrow.' He's now sharing his opinion about why things are the way they are vs just asking 'why'. I must say, moving past the 'why' phase is refreshing. That was exhausting.
I saw someone post something on FB the other day, it said something like, 'think the terrible twos is a real thing? You obviously haven't met a three year old!' We are also experiencing this. 2's were awesome. 3's are hard. How can someone so small be so stubborn and opinionated?!? But with the trying moments you also have great highs as they're able to say and do so much more.
Still working on potty training. Think he's one where once he decides he wants to he will be potty trained. We've had some success but nothing consistent. Oh well, diapers are awfully convenient.
B's favorites:
Octonauts. And new, Jake and the never land pirates
Raisins, blueberries, wheat thins, salmon, carrots and broccoli.
Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate.
Puzzles
Stomping in puddles
Reading books. Lots and lots of books.
He doesn't mind the carseat anymore! Phew only took a few years.
Still loves to put things on his fingers
Brother. Loves to give kisses on the nose.
Bath time.
Jumping, running, climbing, moving...
As a mom of boys I'm learning a whole new world. They're rough and tough and so tender too. I find myself saying, "ouch that hurts, please don't hit mom" a lot! I wasn't quite prepared for that part :) my self defense/anticipation skills are improving! I look forward to the day when both boys can run and play with each other.

















No comments:
Post a Comment