Hola, Blane here.
We are in Barcelona, stop 4 of 4 for us in Spain. The hotel has free internet access and I figured out the password to the blog (Molly is napping). Spain is playing a world cup practice match right now against Korea on TV. Barcelona Futbol Club is really huge here. Like the Yankees or the Red Sox. I wore my Sounders jersey by mistake today and I got the feeling the Spaniards were talking dirt about it on the subway, not sure.
We left beautiful Granada and the Sierra Nevada mountains last night on the overnight train to Barcelona. It was very hot in Granada (39 Celsius/100 Fahrenheit) so it will be nice to go north where it is cooler.
Anyway, it was a 10 hour overnight train ride that was not so bad. We both slept most of the time in our recliner chairs. We got into Barcelona at 9am and it was too early to check in so we stored our bags and toured around. We went up to the Olympic Stadium (Estadio Olympica) from the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona and also went through the Olympics Museum. This was the games with the Dream Team of NBA stars and I also think it was Carl Lewis´ last games. I told Molly this was the first Olympics I remember paying attention to and the one that got me interested competitive swimming. I had a picture in my head from one of the 1992 TV shots of the Olympic park on the hill with Barcelona in the background and today we found ourselves right there in the same spot. It felt like long term deja vu. Tomorrow morning we are going to swim some laps in the Olympic pool and then make our way down to the beach where I think we will hang out for a few days. We have been touring at a crazy pace so it is time to relax.
Adios
Blanes first blog post complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment