Sunday, August 30, 2009

Demolition Derby

The demo has begun and we have officially started the remodel process of our kitchen. Our fridge died about 2 or so weeks ago which jump started this project that we have been talking about doing this summer. This is probably one of the last major cosmetic changes we'll do in this house before we move on in a couple years. For those who haven't seen we have a pretty small kitchen with the most amazing color scheme. For those who have....we have torn out the copper backsplash and made room for about an additional 3 full grown adults to stand in the kitchen at one time! This is significant considering we could only comfortable fit 4-5 people in the kitchen at one time before. Now, the turquoise countertops are still in, though not for too long. I know some of you (Gretchen) will be sad to see it go, but I'm happy to save a slab of it for you before it makes its final journey to the dump. The old mustard yellow and brown linoleum has exited the building and the thick honey varnish has been stripped off the cabinet doors. We have a lot of work ahead of us, but hoping that we will be putting the finishing touches on by the end of SSeptember. Today was the big demo day, taking one wall down to the studs and most of all the other materials out - pretty much everything goes except the cabinets. Over the next few weeks we will be making some progress - our new fridge arrives on Wednesday so we're looking forward to having cold food again!

1 comment:

The Sattler Family said...

OMG! I am so impressed. I do love the counter tops and will be sad to see them go, but living with them is probably a different story. I cannot wait to see the finished product.