Friday, April 15, 2016

Hawaii

As a last hurrah of my mat leave we were lucky to get to go to Hawaii. It was a special trip with Blane's family. We enjoyed the sun, sand, waves, pool, water slide, food, drinks, cards and each others company. It was a wonderful way to spend time together and savor the last minutes of being off. 

We ventured to Oahu this time, my first visit. It was beautiful. It was definitely weird to see buildings taller than palm trees, but it's fun to see the differences between all the islands. Kauai still holds a special place in my heart, maybe it's because it's so familiar, or where I first visited, or where my grandparents had a place. Not sure, but you can't go wrong with Hawaii.

Other updates...
I'm back to work. Second day on the job. Was so hard leaving Davis. It gets better every day, but it was hard this time. He's not taking a bottle or pacifiers and likes to be swaddled to nap. All things that are really not helpful when your kid is in daycare. Luckily we're only 6 floors apart and I can hop down to visit or feed. At drop off this morning I rattled off all the things that are going to make him tough (said items above) and said good luck with a nervous chuckle. Thankfully D's teachers are the same as Bennett's so we know and trust them and they know us. BTW They were laughing too, thankfully. Crossing our fingers today goes well. 

The house...we're moving 'in' this weekend. I use quotes because we still won't be living there for another week while the kitchen is finished but we have to move so we can list our current house. It's being listed next week. Lots of details coming together all at the same time. Holy hell we bit off a lot. BUT there is a light at the end of the tunnel, as I've been reminded. Almost there. Paint and carpet have been done. Now just kitchen backsplash tiling and hooking up all the appliances. Of course once we are living there will have projects, but for now, focusing on making it livable :) 



 

No comments: