As we get ready for tomorrow's feast and the impending arrival of baby #2, just have to say how grateful I am. To be healthy. Surrounded by family and friends who love us and ready to help when needed. For a thriving toddler & a husband I love and who loves me. We are doing pretty good, I say.
This week started my 2-week nesting period before Moose arrives. I've vegged out in front of the TV, gotten a pedicure and did some damage at Target. B had a 24hr flu bug so he's been home for 1.5 days of my 3 days off so far. So, while not as leisurely and lazy as I had imagined, we're getting in some good mommy & B time.
I'm feeling quite large these days. I've gained 33lbs this pregnancy thus far compared to the 45lbs with B. Suppose chasing a 2.5yr old does make a difference. Moose is pacing to be big on due day, but not quite as big as Bennett (10lbs 8oz). Dr thinks he'll be a solid 9'ish pounds at delivery. While it sounds small to us, Bennett set the bar high, though I know this is still considered a big baby. My only hope is we make it to the hospital in time. My one big fear this go around. Dr assured me the baby won't fall out, thank god, but no dilly dallying for us. B's labor was 7hrs, so expecting #2 to go a bit faster. My second hope, behind making it to the hospital, is that we have enough time to get an epidural. You can see a theme here...as long as my labor isn't an 1hr long and there's no traffic we should be in ok shape. I'm crossing everything right now.
In other news we bought a house! Just one other major life milestone. We're doing some work before we move in, and hope we'll be in by February. Been fun brainstorming all the things we can do and want it to be.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.






No comments:
Post a Comment