Bathroom update:
Plumbing complete! All the plumbing has been run, hooked up and we have a new water heater to boot. We have a few last minute wood related projects - window sills, cabinet base, shower glass wall header to finish up tonight/tomorrow but we are ready for drywall!! We are hiring out the next two portions - drywall and tiling so that will make it so much easier. We can finish picking out the fixtures, etc. and then hopefully call it complete in ~4weeks.Monday, February 18, 2013
Mat Leave
Today officially begins my maternity leave. At Sbux they let you to take up to 2 weeks off before your due date, which I gladly took advantage of. I mean - lunch dates, mani/pedis, walks, reading, sleeping, cleaning (not so fun, but necessary) I was all about maximizing my time off. Though, it's day 1 at 8:30AM and I'm missing my work family. It's so quiet at home. Not complaining my mani/pedi place doesn't open until 9 so give me 30min and I'll be off, but it's not nearly as easy of a departure as I thought. My work peeps have been so great and supportive and excited through this whole pregnancy and I was definitely surprised at how emotional I was Friday afternoon as the day wrapped up. I mean donuts, flowers, balloons, pizza lunch, etc. can't feel any more spoiled. I'm sure I will quickly adapt until the little man arrives - due in 10 days from today, but I do feel lucky to work with a great group of people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment