Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lady A

After getting home from CR I had a nice surprise of free tickets to the Lady Antebellum concert. It made getting back into the swing of things a little easier after vaca. The icing - getting to meet the band. A friend and I went to the concert and neither of us had ever been to a meet and greet before. We debated on whether or not to go thinking it was going to be a lame experience where the band sits at a table and you wait in line until you get to take a picture with them. However, we figured when would we ever get to do this again so we went for it. We were pleasantly surprised - we were ushered into this room with theater seating and three stools at the front. The band came in, chatted us up (everyone was pretty mute - including the 15yr. old girls who were on the verge of crying) and sang us a song. We then lined up for pictures. I was a total spaz as I had no idea what to do. People ahead of us were hugging and I thought that was a little personal considering we had only met 10min before, SO I went in for the good 'ol old fashion handshake! I continued by telling one of the guys "I've never done this before...not sure what to do". He reassured me and said, "well I'm glad you're here!" I finished with "have a good show" If only I could have prepared better! I would have given him a little butt pat and said "go get 'em tiger, bring the house down" Oh well, maybe next time.



No comments: