Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Homemade Art

I have this issue, pretty sure I'm not alone, when I see various pieces of art or crafty type things I always tell myself "I can make that & probably for less than what it's being sold for." The problem is I don't have any follow through! Our poor little house has many bare walls because 1. I can't bring myself to put anything up that I don't 100% love or am willing to keep up there forever and 2. we aren't willing to invest in nice pieces that we want to showcase in our house (probably our bigger issue). So my plan/thought was to do some homemade art pieces using images from our travels to help fill up some of the "open canvas" space in our house.

I just finished my first project and am pretty happy with the way it turned out. This project has been in the works for several months - it was actually pretty easy once I got going. I painted three canvases a dark eggplant color and choose pictures from Thailand, Spain and New Zealand and then covered it all with a clear protective coat. I'm glad I finally got something finished! Not sure I'm hitting a stride but I'm hoping it doesn't take me another 6 months before doing something else.

No comments: