We took last weekend off and headed down to Austin for our friends Rose and Stu's wedding. Blane and I hadn't been to Austin before, nor Texas. for that matter Austin is a cool town and we both want to go back for a visit during one of the big music festivals. I think it's quite possible that Austin has more bars and restaurants in a square mile radius than any other town we have been to. University of Texas is located in Austin and we kept saying to each other, "could you imagine if this was what Pullman was like?! We wouldn't have graduated!" Above all we really enjoyed S. Congress the funky, hipster side of town. The wedding was really fun and I was glad to be able to celebrate with them in person.
The best part of all...my dad continued to work on the house while we were gone and when we got back everything was ready to be painted! As of tonight all priming has been done and we have a finish coat of paint on the bathroom and the basement. Hoping by the end of this week the majority of painting will be done and we can move onto tiling the kitchen backsplash and putting in the new floor. After that it's only a matter of putting the appliances back in. What's that I see....oh it's the light at the end of the tunnel! Of course after being nearly OCD in taking pictures of this whole remodel I've forgotten to take the camera over to the house to capture the painting progress. Hopefully I'll have new photos to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment