Baby Davis - D is 5wks old and still just as calm as ever. He eats a ton! I often wonder how there is anything leftward he starts in for a feeding 30min after one just wrapped up. He's starting to have more awak time and I swear I got my first legit smile today! He has one dimple on his left cheek; he's pretty sweet. He definitely takes after my side of the family for looks in comparison to Bennett. We can't quite put our finger on it, but the boys definitely have their distinct looks. He has a little wave to his hair and there is a hint of red to it too. Just like his brother he has a super strong neck and is already looking around a ton. But, unlike his brother, he loves to snuggle and be held close in all the time. Bennett always wanted to look out and see what was going on. We've had a couple successful nights in a row getting D to sleep in the co sleeper. So it feels like we're making progress. Still only getting 1.5-3hr stretches at a time, but we're rolling with it. B loves his brother, but doesn't know his own strength and gives very strong 'loves'. I melt and cring all at the same time. I have another 3 months of leave. Hoping to settle into a routine so I get myself out of the house a bit. It's so easy to snooze on the couch all day, though I suppose that's ok when you're not sleeping at night.
Bennett is a little boy now, gone is our little toddler. His big baby belly is gone too. He talks in full sentences and can carry on a conversation with you. 2.5 was a major milestone for language and it's just continued. He's definitely letting us know he misses being the center of attention. Everything we say is responded to with, 'no, I don't want to' then followed with a big raspberry. It's very productive. I'm trying to get better with offering options so we can accomplish just the basics - eating, dressing, leaving the house...lord! I know the three year age spread will be perfect, but going into the terrible three's and having a baby is rough. We'll survive, right? We always do. He is loving Octonauts these days. Eggs, apple sauce with cottage cheese, chocolate, salmon, broccoli and carrots. He's a much pickier eater than ever before. He loves doing puzzles and just started to wrestle and play 'rough'. I'm not ready for rough boy play. Most of all he loves his grandparents and cousins.






No comments:
Post a Comment