Friday, April 4, 2014

13 months

So, I was one of those people who always said, "why do parents say 13months, just say 'a year' sheesh!" However, I get it now, I stand corrected. These little people are still changing so much that it's worth counting each month, these milestones, individually. Maybe by 2 years I'll ditch the month count and jump on the year bandwagon. 

B is more interactive than ever and it's so cool to see how he actually comprehends what we're saying. He's able to follow simple requests - where is your ball? Go grab a book. But my favorite, he pats his belly with a big smile when you ask, "where's your big belly?" And, the other night he was able to point to his nose - very exciting for me :) 

He LOVES books and will grab a title or two and back into your lap for a story session. I cherish these moments as we don't get too many snuggles otherwise. He digs Dr Seuss - ABC, Mr Brown Can Moo, The Things You Can Think... And we love Brown Bear Brown Bear. There are a couple others in rotation, but these are the favorites. 

He is also mimicing so much more - last night we got the hang of a lion's growl after looking at animals. This morning at daycare there is a plastic lion and he was growling up a storm - pretty proud of himself. 

My last note about the latest and greatest, B loves to hold onto spoons (often his small plastic silverware) as he plays at home and goes to bed. He doesn't really have any other "lovie" so figure this is his comfort thing. Very portable, so that's a bonus. 


No comments: