Sunday, June 30, 2013

Final countdown

I'm on my final week and a half of maternity leave and I don't want it to end. All the parenting cliches are so true, especially how fast the time goes. Bennett and I have had so many good adventures and each week has been filled with visits and day trips with family and friends. I'm going to squeeze in as much as possible before I head back on the 10th. I am looking forward to exercising my brain muscle a bit more, but will miss all my QT with Baby B. Guilty parent moment - I have to admit it will also be nice to have a wee bit of a break from the fits before naps, that's the hardest!

B will be 4months on Friday! We've managed a few more laughs out of him but he's still stingy on when he chooses to use them. He's a rolling man too, back to tummy. He doesn't stay on his back for long anymore, only time that's bad is at night since he doesn't know how to relax his head and sleep. He loves the changing table and being outside. We are becoming a much better car traveler (thankfully!), but baths are still on the 'I hate' list. Our best go at it was today in the kiddie pool. Water wasn't too cold or too warm, mom and dad were both in the pool too and it was hot outside. Not sustainable, but will go with it for now if it means no screaming! Looking forward to trying rice cereal/foods too. He seems to have food envy already, always staring at our plates.















No comments: