Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chelanman Triathlon

This past weekend we competed in our first olympic distance triathlon. Blane, my dad, Laura and I decided to up the difficulty level this year as the sprint tris weren't as much of a challenge anymore and signed up for the Chelanman Tri. The olympic tri is a mile swim, 24mile bike and 6 mile run. I was a little nervous for the run as that is my weakest leg but we all had a great race and I think everyone was happy with their times. I met my goal finish time so I was happy, though I'm already thinking of how I could shave off a few minutes here and there for the next one. It's always a good sign when you are willing to do the race again. Now we're all looking for the next event so we can continue to reap the benefits of all our hard work and training. I'm thinking I want to do a sprint tri and really sprint it vs. just trying to finish. After the race we took advantage of being in Chelan and relaxed in the sun, swam and waterskied - great weekend.

















No comments: